At The Dance Center we take the health and safety of our students and teachers very seriously. We want all of our Dance Center families, students and staff to feel comfortable and cared for as we resume dance classes this Fall.
We are thrilled to be able to open our doors this school season for onsite classes. The studio will be implementing some new policies for the Fall session. Please review the important items below so that we all can be prepared and allow for this school season to be safe and smooth.
Here is the list of guidelines directly from maine.gov, white house.gov, CDC website, and additional measures that we are taking.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- The studio will be disinfecting frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- If you feel sick or have a temperature please do not come to dance.
- Social distancing in the studio will be implemented.
- Individuals participating in dance should not share any food items or beverages. Water bottles should be labeled to avoid cross-contamination.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- While face coverings are recommended to reduce the risk of viral transmission between individuals in public areas, face coverings are not compatible with many sports or physical activities and inhibit respiration during exercise. Face coverings are not currently recommended for athletes or dancers during practice or competition.
- Although we do not recommend the use of a mask while dancing we do recommend that masks be worn in the common areas by students, staff and parents. This includes the hallways, bathrooms, and waiting rooms.
- Masks will be provided in the upstairs hallway as you enter the building.
- Medical grade air purifiers, with UV light and filters, will be set up in each of the dance studios.
- Creative movement classes will be capped at 14 students, in order to practice social distancing.
- Technique (7 and up) classes will be capped at 12 students, in order to practice social distancing.
- Seating from the upstairs hallway will be moved to a new waiting room in the basement. Age groups 2-6 will be brought through the front door to their classroom, guardians will then wait in the new waiting room. When class is finished their teacher and teacher assistant will escort the group down to the new waiting room and we ask that you exit from there.
- Age groups 7-10 may be brought into the studio to their class by their guardian (mask recommended). However, we would prefer the student be dropped off without their guardian, to limit the amount of people in the studio.
- Guardians with students 7-10 years are free to leave the premises or wait outside the building in your vehicle during class time. Dance center families are also welcome to use our side yard while their dancers are in class.
- Class times have been staggered to provide more time between classes to abide by no more than 50 people in the building.
- We are confident ages 11 and up will be able to safely enter and exit the building on their own and find their studio and instructor.
- It is imperative that both students and staff stay home if not feeling well, exhibiting a fever or other symptoms .
We trust that we will all utilize wise judgement to uphold the health and safety for all. We thank you in advance and trust that we will all make it through these unprecedented times together.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. Can’t wait to see you all this Fall!