- Children in the building should be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times when not in class.
- Dancers should bring all valuables into the classroom. The Dance Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- A lost and found shelf is in the waiting room next to Studio A.
Attendance and Cancellation Policy
- Attendance is important for consistent progress
- If the student must be absent, please notify the instructor in advance if possible.
- Ill students should remain at home to rest.
- Injured students should come to class to observe if possible.
- Missed classes may be made up in a similar level. Students are encouraged to make up the class in the same style when possible.
- The studio may or may not be closed due to inclement weather and we do not necessarily follow school cancellations. Closings and cancellations will be posted to the website, communicated to the local news, sent out to all classes via email and on our Facebook page.
- Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will be made up. Please see the instructor for make-up dates.
- Payment is due in full at the beginning of each month.
- Absence from class is not refundable.
- No student will be admitted to class with an outstanding balance unless arrangements have been made with The Dance Center.
- Parents are responsible for all tuition due, even if a student has stopped participating, unless they notify the studio that the child will no longer be attending via email, phone, or communication to the instructor.
- A non-refundable* costume deposit of $30 will be due by Jan. 31st, with the remaining $30 balance due in Feb. For any student registering after Jan. 1st, the costume deposit will be due with the first monthly payment. *If an instructor decides that students will be responsible for purchasing their own costumes, costume deposits and payments will be credited to the account or refunded.
- Students with an outstanding balance will not be permitted to perform in the recital. Please contact The Dance Center with any concerns.
- Hair must be pulled back from face. In ballet the hair must be in a ballet bun or tucked French braid.
- Food/gum is not permitted in the studios.
- Please use the restroom before the start of class.
- Dance is a highly disciplined activity; it is important to show respect for the instructors, the other dancers, and yourself.
- Dancers who are not prepared for class or who arrive more than 10 minutes late may be asked to sit and observe.