The Dance Center Mission
Since 1992, The Dance Center has provided a place where people of all ages and all abilities can enjoy the beauty and discipline of dance. Our goal is to offer recreational classes in a variety of styles with an emphasis on ballet-based technique; the faculty wants its students to develop to their fullest potential as dancers. We believe in the value of dance education to build confidence, to encourage creativity, and to improve students’ ability to learn across disciplines.
“Praise the Lord. Praise God in His sanctuary;
praise Him in His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power;
praise Him for surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise Him with the harp and lyre,
praise Him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.”
Why choose The Dance Center?
- The Dance Center stresses proper body alignment, technique, strengthening, stretching and healthy work habits while creating an atmosphere for all levels of dancers to enjoy the art of dance.
- To allow for stronger instruction, our beginning technique classes are one and a quarter hours and the intermediate and advanced technique classes are one and a half hours; this provides us with adequate time to fully warm up, develop proper technique, and apply the skills to choreographic practice.
- For our younger dancers we introduce the children to rhythm, mime, fantasy, improvisation, stretching, strengthening and of course having fun!
- The Dance Center offers a place where dancers will be encouraged and allowed to grow at their own pace.
- We stress solid family values; we utilize appropriate music in classes and modest costuming at our annual recital.
- The serious student and the recreational student will both be fulfilled.
- Our studios are large and equipped with full-length mirrors and sprung Marley floors to protect the health of our students.
- Elizabeth and our trained and experienced staff have enjoyed teaching and mentoring students for the past 20 years.
It has been a blessing to work with so many students and to watch them grow into fine young adults. We encourage our students to be active in the local art community and to continue dancing and creating as so many have.
Thank you for visiting our website.